From the airfields closure in 1945 until August 2000 the airfield returned back to its original agricultural use.
Since 1945 some of the remaining buildings were in use by an aircraft flying club (gliders) and by the farm owner for material storage and horse livery use.|
The last remaining buildings of the original layout are numbered here. No.2 building is the position of Twinwood farm itself and which has remained in use throughout.
The E-W and NE-SW runways were dug up (the rubble used for constructing the M25). The remaining concrete perimeters of the NW-SE runway and perimeter taxiways can still be seen although half or more of their original width have been removed. These remaining tracks served as farm vehicle access.
Also see ADDENDUM
TWINWOOD AIRFIELD BEDFORDSHIRE. AIRFIELD LAYOUT 2000